Basic Project Data
Project Name:Implementation of Machinery Protection System (MPS) – “Turnkey Project”
Investor: PE “Electric Power Industry of Bosnia and Herzegovina”, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Object Name: “Jablanica” HPP, A3 and A5 Units
Installed Power/Turbine Type: Six Units, Total 180 MW/Francis
Object Location: Jablanica, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Brief Project Description: “Jablanica” HPP, A3 and A5 units.
This project is realized as part of the rehabilitation of the power plant control system. By now, delivery, installation and commissioning of two Machinery Protection Systems (MPS) by MC-monitoring, CH, type Rhino PMS-300® completed. Both installed systems function as vibration protection systems integrated into the plant control system as well. Protection levels are set according to ISO 7919-5:2005 standard.
Machinery Monitoring System, for each of the pumps, has 9 channels, which include monitoring the following dynamic parameters:
- Shaft relative vibration, number of sensors: 6 according to ISO 7919-5: 2005
- Structure absolute vibration, number of sensors: 2
- Key phasor/RPM, number of sensor: 1
The project is realized jointly by MC-monitoring SA, Switzerland, DIT Ltd, Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina, NORTH Protection Ltd and NORTH Control Ltd, both Members of the NORTH Group, Vojvodina, Serbia:
- MC-monitoring SA – production and delivery of components,
- DIT Ltd, Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina – project preparation, MPS and SCADA/DCS connections implemented,
- NORTH Protection Ltd, Member of NORTH Group – assemblies, installation, commissioning and MPS and SCADA/DCS connection implemented,
- NORTH Control Ltd, Member of NORTH Group – quality and quantity control, testing, functional control and settings
Below is a schematic map of units and topology of sensors of the vibration protection system.
1. Measurement Line of Relative Shaft Vibration, ISO 7919-5
2. Measurement Line of Absoulute Vibration of Structure
3. Measurement Line of Rotational Speed and Key Phasor