Basic Project Data
Project Name: Protection and Condition Monitoring System
Investor: “Hidroelektrane na Drini” Višegrad, Bosna i Hercegovina
Object Name: “Višegrad” Hydro Power Plant, A1, A2 i A3 Units
Installed Power/Turbine Type: 3×105 MW/Kaplan
Object Location: Višegrad, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Brief Project Description: “Višegrad” HPP has three units with Kaplan type turbines. The total installed power of the power plant is 315MW. This project is realized as part of the modernization of the power plant control system. By now, delivery, installation and commissioning of three GE/BN 3500 Condition Monitoring Systems (CMS) by General Electric have been completed. Although all three installed systems function as CMS independent of SCADA/DCS, they are also integrated into the power plant control system. Protection levels of vibration are set according to ISO 10816-5:2000 and ISO 7919-5:2005 standards. The project is realized jointly by IMP Automatika Ltd, Serbia, NORTH Protection Ltd, NORTH Control Ltd, both Members of the NORTH Group, Serbia and Caldera Ltd, RS, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Below is a schematic map of units and topology of sensors of the vibration protection system.
1. Measurement Line of Absolute Bearing Housing Vibration, ISO 10816-5
2. Measurement Line of Relative Shaft Vibration ISO 7919-5
3. Measurement Line of Absolute Stator Core and Generator Housing Vibration
4. Measurement Line of Rotor Axial Position
5. Measurement Line of Rotational Speed and Key Phasor
6. Measurement Line of Magnetic Flux
7. Measurement Line of Air Gap
8. Measurement Line of Partial Discharge